Orthodontists prevent, diagnose and treat dental and facial irregularities.
They provide a wide range of treatment options to straighten crooked teeth, fix bad bites and align the jaws correctly.
Registered orthodontists have two to three years of full time university training in addition to their dentistry training so they are the best-qualified people to diagnose and treat dental, jaw alignment and growth issues.
Orthodontists use the latest evidence-based science to accurately diagnose and treat your teeth and jaw alignment problems.
Whether your problem is simple, or more complex, you can trust an orthodontist to find the most comfortable and advanced treatments for you.
You may be dissatisfied with your smile or you may have a specific functional problem with your teeth or jaw. You can refer yourself for a consultation and some of the typical reasons that people see an orthodontist include:
- Correct cosmetic problems
- Correct bad bites that can damage teeth, gums and jaw
- Correct protruding or misaligned teeth that often chip or break
- Correct speech or chewing difficulties
- Help in the diagnosis and management of sleep breathing disorders such as sleep apnoea.